Friday, October 21, 2011

Meeting Great Grandma and Grandpa

I took Mikayla to meet my Grandma and Grandpa (Tutu and Papa) a few weeks ago for the very first time.

They fell instantly in love with their great granddaughter.


This was a very special moment for my mom and me. As my grandma's health has deteriorated over the last year, I worried many times that she might not meet her second great grandchild.

It brought her so much joy to hold a brand new baby.  In fact, when it was time to go, she did not want to let go (a little scary for Mom!)

We visit my grandparents each Wednesday.  My Tutu is the sweetest grandmother and I am so grateful that James and Mikayla have these moments with her, and with my Grandpa as well.



This was a photo I definitely wanted to get. 
Four generations...

Mikayla napped soundly in my Tutu's arms.
She must have known she was surrounded by love!

Some of Tutu's thoughts on holding Mikayla for the first time...



No comments:

Post a Comment