Sunday, October 2, 2011

Matt's Barkley Sound Fishing Trip

Back in July, Matt had the opportunity to go with my Dad on a big fishing trip up in Barkley Sound, Canada.

A dream come true for my outdoorsman hubby!

I'm told the sights were gorgeous, and I believe it!

Sunrise in Barkley Sound.

Fish on!

A nice catch.


A day's work.

Such a happy guy!

Matt was assigned the task of reeling in most of the fish- a job he was happy to have, it's the most exciting part!
Matt broke a fishing pole reeling one fish in. Dane joked that he was reeling it in like it was a 50 pounder!


Thanks to my Dad for giving Matt this wonderful experience!



Captain of the MidKnight.


Here's the lodge where some of the guys stayed.  Matt slept on the boat.


A new day- more fish to be caught!

Matt came home with SO much salmon. We smoked some of it and will enjoy the filets for months!

Weighing the day's catch.


Every fisherman's dream!



Group shot.
Left to right: My Dad, Matt, Dane, Mike, Tim

Cleaning up the fish.

Matt's ride home.  I certainly was excited to have him back!



Matt had such a fun time on this trip.  It's not every day that he gets to catch his limit in 20+ pound fish! 

The group enjoyed great wildlife as well. We could sell these shots to National Geographic!






No comments:

Post a Comment