Wednesday, April 27, 2011

20 Week Ultrasound!

We had our big ultrasound last week. It was so wonderful to see the baby again. 

So much changes in just a few weeks.  
This time we were able to count ten fingers and ten toes!


I can't believe I'm already halfway through this pregnancy. It gets better and better each day. 

I can feel the baby kick regularly now, it makes me smile.  The flutters started about a month ago, now the kicks are more distinguishable.  Matt was able to feel the baby kick for the first time on Easter. :)

The baby is healthy and measures 16 centimeters "crown to rump".  It was funny having the ultrasound tech tell us to look away every time there was a chance we might see the gender... I think we both wanted to peek but we restrained!

The baby's heart was beating at about 160 beats per minute... hmm... they say that heart beats over 150 mean it's a girl, but that's just a wives tale. 

We got to see our little one touch his/her face, and play with those tiny toes!


So sweet!

We get to go back in a few weeks to have another ultrasound- due to the baby's position, they weren't able to get pictures of some things.  In fact, I can tell that the baby is facing inward because I'm feeling lots of kicks in my back and bladder. An experience I didn't have with James!

I'm excited to get more ultrasound pictures- even more excited to meet the little one!

19 weeks (max!) and counting...

No comments:

Post a Comment