Monday, November 11, 2013

Iron Girl Triathlon

Good luck bags from the sweet girls in our small group:

"Run with it" - so awesome!

An early 4am wake up for this big exciting day!


This is a huge event:



Sarah and I enjoyed training throughout the summer. I was so happy to have a partner to motivate me and keep me training when I felt lazy. :)

Getting ready for the start. That water was COLD!

And we're off! (This was just my heat- there were many, many more participants!)

Finishing up the 1/2 mile swim.

In from the swim and on to the 12 mile bike.


Out for the final leg- a 5k run!

It was a great feeling to cross that finish line.

Final times:

Swim: 15 mins 52 sec
Transition 1: 4 mins 12 sec
Bike: 44 mins 7 sec
Transition 2: 2 mins 10 sec
Run: 31 mins 45 sec

Triathletes!

Grandma kept the kids for this year's event- we thought that a 4am wake up would be a bit early for them.

Sarah's family braved the early morning!

I love this sprint triathlon and am looking forward to doing it again next year. Lake Tapps also does a sprint tri that I want to do next year. I'm also hoping to be able to train for the STP!

No comments:

Post a Comment