Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Remembering My Grandma

My Tutu was called home to Heaven on July 14th.  I miss her terribly and think about her every day.  At the same time, I celebrate that she is whole again in the arms of the Lord. Tutu suffered with dementia and arthritis at the end of her life.  It is a comfort knowing that she has no pain now.  

I can't even begin to recount all of my memories with her. I spent alot of time with her as a child and am frequently reminded of the things I learned from her. She was loved by everyone she met and never had a negative thing to say, an incredibly patient and loving woman to the core.  I remember bird watching, walking at the mall, sewing, making jewelry, building castles, playing games, watching movies, having sleep overs, collecting shells on the beach, collecting and sorting coins... the list goes on and on.  She always brought me treasures from her numerous trips across the world with Papa.  She loved to scrapbook and archive- she even wrote her autobiography.

I see Tutu in the woman that I have become, and I can only hope that I leave a legacy as meaningful as she has. 

I will always carry her memory in my heart.  

A gift from her that I will treasure forever:




No comments:

Post a Comment